Part Time Audio-Visual Coordinator (4 hours/week)
The First Religious Society Unitarian Universalist (FRSUU) is a growing church community with nearly 500 members. We are an active, multi-generational congregation with a strong tradition of religious education for children and youth; life-long spiritual growth; and a commitment to community engagement, justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion. FRSUU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are seeking a part-time Audio-Visual Coordinator (4 hours/week) to oversee and assist with the use of audio-visual technology supporting the work of the church. Worship is the central component of our spiritual life, and the pandemic has required us to think creatively and act dynamically when planning and producing hybrid services happening in-person and online simultaneously. First Religious Society serves not only its 500 members but also many friends and guests who are tuning in to Sunday worship and weekly activities from around the world. It is important that the church preserve continuity of worship in person while broadening the possibilities for using online platforms to build community.
The Audio-Visual Coordinator will oversee the use of audio-visual technology to support the church in its work. The position reports to the Director of Church Music.
- Manage and oversee audio-visual hardware and software for use in worship, in concerts, and for other events.
- Manage and run the in-house A/V system and livestream software for Sunday worship and other major church events.
- Lead creative discussions about new methods of using technology, including suggestions for new hardware and software if relevant.
- Right of first refusal for A/V needs for weddings, funerals, and other church rentals.
- Collaborates with Director of Church Music and other staff to assess and acquire appropriate hardware.
- Collaborates with Worship Team to implement technological needs for worship and other special services.
On-site and Online Work Expectations
Expected to be on-site (or online if worshiping virtually) for:
- Weekly Sunday services;
- Special program rehearsals and performances, including but not limited to the annual Candlelight Service, Christmas Eve service, and Wilson Music Series performances.
- The A/V coordinator will engage a substitute if absence is necessary, in consultation with Director of Church Music
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
The Audio-Visual Coordinator shall have the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of and experience with audio hardware, its use, and care;
- Experience with live audio mixing and recording;
- Basic experience with operating video cameras (or willingness to learn on the job);
- Basic knowledge of OBS and/or other encoding software and streaming platforms including YouTube and Zoom (or willingness to learn on the job);
- Excellent people skills, compassion, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team as well as with other constituencies as necessary;
- Ability to organize, manage and carry out administrative and logistical tasks in a timely manner.
Job Type: Independent Contract Position
Pay: $35.00 per hour, 4-hour weekly commitment (not including special services)
The church continues to follow Covid Protocols. We are conducting live services with masking and social distancing protocols where and when appropriate given current Department of Health recommendations. Masks are strongly recommended for inside face to face meetings. Staff are required to be vaccinated.
To apply: You may apply through our job posting on INDEED, at https://www.indeed.com/job/audio-visual-coordinator-3fa45791cbde8c44, or by sending your resume and email stating your interest to Justin Murphy-Mancini at firstname.lastname@example.org.