To honor our region’s indigenous nations, including Abanaki, Pennacook, Wabanaki, Mi’kmaq and all Native Peoples, past and present.
To support recognition of Indigenous Peoples Day at the city, state and national level.
Opening Ceremonies begin at 10AM led by keynote speakers Paul and Denise Pouliot, Head Male and Female Speaker for the Cowasuck Band of the Pennacook-Abanaki People.
Followed by Indigenous music, drumming, song, dance, stories, speakers, kids’ activities and more!
- ONEGA WAYA (WHITE WOLF), TSALAGI CHEROKEE; DRUMMING, SONG, DANCE
- RED DAWN, MI’KMAQ
- SETH WILLEY, CHEROKEE; STORYTELLER, DRUMMER
- CLAUDIA FOX TREE, M.ED., ARAWAK (YURUMEIN); MASS. CTR. OF NATIVE AMERICAN AWARENESS, EDUCATOR & SOCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVIST
- HAWK HENRIES, CHAUBUNA- GUNGAMAUG BAND OF NIPMUCK; EASTERN WOODLANDS FLUTE MAKER AND MUSICIAN
- MIHKU PAUL, WOLASTO; POET AND ARTIST
- CHRIS NEWELL, PASSAMAQUODDY; DIRECTOR, AKOMAWT EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVE, AUTHOR/HISTORIAN AND SINGER, TOGETHER WITH THE IRON RIVER SINGERS
- THE SACRED PATH, HEALING ARTS
- LENNY AND KELLY NOVAK, LONE WOLF STUDIOS ARTISANS
- DIVINE PARADIGM CENTER & ART BY MARIAH
Link to Facebook Event Page: https://fb.me/e/5fp4P8hGy
Sponsored by the following Community Partners: